Which Juicer is Best for You?
Which juicer should I buy? This is by far our most frequently asked question at Vitality 4 Life, and for good reason! With such an array of cold press juicers available on the market today it is easy to become overwhelmed and confused when trying to decide which juicer is best for you.
With 20+ years' experience in the business, we are here to help you make the best choice when buying a juicer and our range of cold press juicers are regarded as the best in the world!
Cold press juicers retain the enzymes and nutrients of the fruits and vegetables, but how do you know which cold press juicer is best for you? Not just the best juicer on the market, but the best juicer specifically for you, because it depends on your needs - these could be dietary, health, usability and/or functionality requirements.
It may surprise you to learn that there are five different types of cold press juicers available today, and each are suited to distinct types of users and their needs. Firstly, it is important to determine where you are on the "road to health" and more specifically, what you are looking for in a juicer.
Let's start with the five following questions:
1. Do you see yourself as a beginner (new to juicing), a health enthusiast (knowledgeable about the benefits of different types of fruits/vegetables) or a patient (looking to overcome an illness naturally)?
2. Are you wanting to juice mostly fruit or predominantly vegetables?
3. What features are important to you - ease of cleaning, ease of use, juicing speed?
4. Are you looking to juice specialised superfoods such as wheatgrass, aloe vera or pomegranate?
5. Do you like the idea of a juicer which can also perform food processing tasks?
It is with these details in mind that will help you select the best type of cold press juicer for you.
A cold press juicer is an investment, and it is important that you are happy with your choice for many years to come!
Types of Cold Press Juicers
1. Single Gear Horizontal Juicer
- Horizontal augers slowly press fruits and vegetables which are then passed through a sieve to separate the juice from the pulp
- Horizontal juicers will juice a wide variety of vegetables and fruits including greens such as spinach, kale, aloe vera and wheatgrass - all with the same parts
- Doubles as a food processor - can make nut butters, nut milks, pasta, dips, baby foods and more
- Easiest cold press juicer to clean and is simple to use
- Juice stays "alive" for up to 48 hours
2. Single Gear Vertical Juicer
- Vertical augers slowly press fruit and vegetables which are then passed through a sieve to separate the juice from the pulp
- Able to juice soft and hard fruits and vegetables including apples, oranges, carrots, celery, spinach and more
- Vertical juicers will produce juice quicker than any other type of cold press juicers as the vertical system pulls produce into the auger faster using gravity
- Easy to use and clean
- Juice stays "alive" for up to 48 hours
3. Twin Gear Juicer
- Produce the most nutrient-rich or 'detox quality' cold press juice with a Twin Gear Juicer
- Will juice the widest variety of vegetables, herbs and fruits including greens, aloe vera, wheatgrass, pomegranate and much more
- Isn't as simply to use or clean as a single gear juicer and requires more time
- Juice stays "alive" for up to 72 hours
4. Masticating Juicer
- Uses a 'cutter' rather than an 'auger', which chews or shreds the produce which is then passed through a sieve
- Masticating juicers are not designed as a 'green juicer' and will struggle with wheatgrass/leafy vegetables
- Best type of juicer for making frozen fruit desserts and ice creams
- Juice stays "alive" for up to 48 hours
5. Manual Juicer
- Generally, most manual juicers are effective for wheatgrass but fall short in terms of juicing vegetables and fruits
- The manual process means more time/effort is exerted to create juice
- Great for travelling and for juicing on-the-go
- Are generally much cheaper than an electric juicer
Which Juicer Should I Buy?
For the Novice or Beginner
Option 1: Single Gear Vertical Juicer
If you are new to juicing, you will most likely be happy with a single gear vertical juicer such as a BioChef Juicer or Oscar Neo XL Juicer.
There are many makes and models of varying degrees of quality and performance, however BioChef Juicers are the best choice for a reliable result for your hard-earned cash.
A single gear vertical juicer is the fastest type of cold press juicer and the latest model from the BioChef family is the BioChef Atlas Whole Slow Juicer which will juice whole fruits and vegetables without the need for preparation - making it even faster.
Option 2: Single Gear Horizontal Juicer
A single gear horizontal juicer will also suit a beginner as they are known for being very easy to put together, use and to clean - in our experience, a single gear horizontal juicer is the easiest type of cold press juicer to clean.
A single gear horizontal juicer will also double as a "living food processor" so can be great for someone who would like a machine that is more versatile. The BioChef Axis Cold Press Juicer or the Oscar Neo DA 1000 juicer are our top picks for those looking to get started with a high-quality single gear horizontal juicer.
For the Health Enthusiast or Raw Foodist
Option 1: Single Gear Horizontal Juicer
If you are familiar with cold press juicing, you will most likely be happy with a single gear horizontal juicer such as the BioChef Axis Cold Press Juicer or the Oscar Neo DA 1000. These juicers can juice a wide variety of fruits and vegetables such as wheatgrass and aloe vera, are the easiest to clean and can also perform a wide variety of food processing tasks.
Option 2: Twin Gear Horizontal Juicer
If you are looking for a more specialised machine or are most interested in the nutritional aspect of a cold press juicer than a twin gear juicer like the BioChef Gemini Twin Gear Juicer is more likely going to be your best choice.
The juice produced in a twin gear juicer will last for up to 72 hours and a range of attachments are included so you can adjust the juicer to extract juice, more effectively, from various fruits and vegetables.
For the Patient
If have any serious or long-standing health complaints and see cold press juicing as a way of turning your health around you would be most inclined to buy a twin gear juicer or a hydraulic press juicer.
The BioChef Gemini Twin Gear are the best cold press juicers for opening the cellulose wall of the vegetables in such a way that the absolute maximum enzymes and nutrients available are extracted into the juice - giving you a higher yield and the driest pulp to boot.
Why Buy your Cold Press Juicer from Vitality 4 Life?
- We have over 25 years' experience in distributing cold press juicers, globally
- Vitality 4 Life is the industry leader in cold press juicing in Australia & New Zealand
- We offer the ongoing support and guidance to make sure you get the most out of your purchase
- Our products offer genuine health benefits to you
- Our products offer superior value and quality by providing the longest product warranties in the business - which come with our products as standard. No gimmicks or upgrades required.
Did you find our 'Which Juicer is Best for You?' article helpful? If you're still not sure, or if you have any questions about our juicers we are happy to help! Don't hesitate to give us a call, email us or use our online-chat facilities.
✓ Produces a higher ratio of living enzymes than centrifugal, single gear and masticating juicers ✓ Twin gears incorporate magnetic and bio-ceramic technology ✓ Triturating technology which produces the driest pulp among all other types of juicers ✓ Produces the highest yield of fresh, pulp free juice ✓ Produces a 'living juice' that lasts longer ✓ Doubles as a food processor - a complete 'living food' kitchen! ✓ 20 year warranty on motor and 5 years on parts
✓ New and improved design! ✓ Strong 400 watt induction motor and next generation auger ✓ Dual, wide feed chute (8cm x 8cm) to juice whole fruits and vegetables ✓ Continuous juicing for up to 60 minutes ✓ Dishwasher safe parts for easy clean up ✓ Includes Fine and Course strainers PLUS Sorbet Strainer ✓ Warranty: Lifetime on Motor & 5 years on Parts (Domestic), 1 year Commercial
✓ Compact & Lightweight – Great for Home or Travelling ✓ Entry Level Juicer – Perfect for Beginners with Best Value/ Performance ✓ Wide Mouth Feed Chute – 4.5cm Diameter ✓ Easy Lock Release for Quick Cleaning ✓ Pulp Adjustment Nozzle – Extract More! ✓ Ultem & Tritan BPA-Free Parts ✓ 3 Year Warranty on Motor & Parts